Month 1, Prompt 3
Here is your 3rd YouMatterJournaling prompt in our YouMatter month of Gratitude:
Your Physical Health
"Don't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body." - I Corinthians 6:19-20
In our first week together, we reflected on being thankful for our natural gifts and abilities. Last week we explored our Spiritual Gifts. This week we will celebrate our Physical Health.
When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
If you and I are anything alike, we probably – and oftentimes unconsciously and unnecessarily – peer into the mirror and wish with negativity that we had fewer grays, less wrinkles, thinner hips, or maybe a different smile.
What good does that do.... to yourself... or to anyone else for that matter?
If a so-called friend walked up to you and berated your appearance every day – if not several times a day – how would you feel? Would you tolerate it?
So let's change this up.
This week, take a few moments to think about and celebrate your Physical Health and what your amazing body can do.
Did you bring a child into the world? Have you soothed away an infant's fever?
Can you hold someone's hand?
Can you run? Can you sing? Can you breathe?
Hopefully, and with enough practice, we can get into the habit of quickly shooing off that critical inner voice and listening to the truth that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.
- How are you thankful for your Physical Health?
- What parts of your body do you appreciate the most?
- What cool things does your physical health allow you to do?
- How can you better honor your physical body?
- Even deeper... do you need to apologize and forgive yourself for criticizing, name-calling, or taking your physical health for granted?
I can't wait to see you what you create.
Notes & Tips:
- Think about what your body can DO, not just what it looks like. Of course, if you really like a certain physical aspect of yourself (gorgeous eyes or a beaming smile, etc), celebrate that too!
- Need some creative inspiration? Play around with your favorite fonts in Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Then, print out some words that tie with this prompt and paste them in your journal pages; or, trace those words and fill them in with marker or watercolor.
Be sure to share images of your pages so that we can find each other! You can share your journal pages on social media by using the hashtag #Youmatterjournaling. This particular prompt can also be found under #youmatterjournalingprompt3. *** Just note: your profile will need to be set to public so that we can see them.
Also, the best way to be featured on Instagram would be to photograph your pages in natural lighting on a white background.
See you soon!